Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Lily

Dear Friends and Family,

Last week I wasn't able to explain because I was GRIEVING the passing of our dog LILY. Lily of the Blackstone Valley. Lily's ankle was swollen and she needed a visit to my beloved vet of nearly 40 years, Dr. Pete Belinsky. We went to Tiverton Tuesday night. The X-ray showed bone cancer tumor where we had originally thought she had merely sprained her ankle. She came back home with us along with a bottle of pain medicine. She passed away Saturday.

So I've been sitting Shiva with the community who loved her. She was the Dalai Lama of Woonsocket!

My religion is kindness.
-Dalai Lama

She loved everyone and she loved life and she was my best teacher.

I've been pedaling my bike to all of our old haunts and some people know right away, seeing me without her. I have been invited into peoples kitchens and I have accepted every invitation.

Now that I have grieved I have been helping others grieve.

She was a pillar of the community. "She's part of the City" the public works guy said to me when I was picking up glass last spring to prevent injury.

She was my cow, race horse, spiritual advisor, my LOVE medicine and dearest canine friend.

Cheers to the Jewish New Year if I don't see you this week. Enjoy.

Love to all,

Emily

No comments: