Saturday, November 11, 2017

Neighborhoody

I played fetch with Romeo in the yard and when it was time to stop and have a walk he insisted on carrying the ball. When he stopped to poop he let go of the ball and two tennis balls fell out of his mouth. I held them with my feet and then snuck them into my coat pocket.

As I was passing the church a young man was watching me try to get Romeo to heel. "That's just like my dog," he said and he showed me a photo of his dog on his phone. "I teach people how to train dogs using my dog lessons on youtube." He said his name was Jerry and he just moved here from Providence and he loves living here. I told him that Father Dennis is an amazing pastor of this church. "I love this church and I live right around the corner. I'm sure I'll see you again," he said.

When Romeo and I arrived at Turbesi Park nobody was there, probably due to the extreme cold. So I decided to try playing fetch with him in the fenced-in ball field. He loved it and we had many rounds. Then I realized he could go on forever but he must be getting tired.

On the way home I ran into Erin hanging Christmas lights and garlands from her 2nd floor porch. The setting sun lit up her house like a stage set. "Maybe you can help me. Tell me if these are even," she said. "Make this one about 12 inches shorter," I said, pointing to the left loop of lights. She adjusted them. "Perfect!" I said.
"Thank you. You saved me a trip."
"Glad to help."

It was very cold out but a delicious cold. When Romeo and I got home I fed him dinner and made a batch of hot cocoa for Bill and me.

No comments: