Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Andrea Gibson

"Forests may be gorgeous, but there is nothing more alive than a tree that learns how to grow in a cemetery."
- Andrea Gibson, Titanic

"Autumn is the hardest season. The leaves are all falling like they're falling in love with the ground. And the trees are naked and lonely. I keep trying to tell them new leaves will come around in the spring, but you can't tell trees those things. They're like me, they just stand there and don't listen."
- Andrea Gibson, Photograph

"I can't live here. In my body, I mean. I can't live in my body all the time, it feels too much. So if I ever feel far away know I am not gone. I am just underneath my grief, adjusting the dial on my radio faith so I can take this life with all of its love and all of its loss."
- Andrea Gibson, Royal Heart

"That night when you kissed me, I left a poem in your mouth, and you can hear some of the lines every time you breathe out."
- Andrea Gibson, Yarn

No comments: