Friday, September 07, 2018

Bowie

“Don’t you love the Oxford Dictionary? When I first read it, I thought it was a really really long poem about everything.”
― David Bowie

“Once you lose that sense of wonder at being alive, you're pretty much on the way out...”
― David Bowie

“I'm a real self-educated kind of guy. I read voraciously. Every book I ever bought, I have. I can't throw it away. It's physically impossible to leave my hand! Some of them are in warehouses. I've got a library that I keep the ones I really really like. I look around my library some nights and I do these terrible things to myself--I count up the books and think, how long I might have to live and think, 'F@#%k, I can't read two-thirds of these books.' It overwhelms me with sadness."
--David Bowie, quoted in the Daily Beast in a 2002 interview with Bob Guccione, Jr.”
― David Bowie

“I'm looking for backing for an unauthorized auto-biography that I am writing. Hopefully, this will sell in such huge numbers that I will be able to sue myself for an extraordinary amount of money and finance the film version in which I play everybody.”
― David Bowie

“I'm just an individual who doesn't feel that I need to have somebody qualify my work in any particular way. I'm working for me.”
― David Bowie

“I can ask for cigarettes in every language”
― David Bowie

“As you get older the questions come down to two or three. How long have I got and what am I gonna do with the time I've got left?”
― David Bowie

If you feel safe in the area that you’re working in, you’re not working in the right area.
― David Bowie

No comments: