Thursday, September 27, 2018

Season of Apples

This is my desperate season--I call it "receive mode" because everything is coming in (anxiety overwhelm) versus flying out---which I call "transmit mode". I swim and write to save my life. My schedule holds me up. I get spoiled by 'transmit mode' and then I have to adjust to 'receive mode'. Each mood 'house' is 10 weeks long. It's how I'm made! I'm cyclothymic.

In this 'house' I'm rolling boulders up hill! But then I have to ask myself what's good about it? I stay focused and admittedly that is good for many things.

Amen to workouts they help me immeasurably and the side effects are elevated mood and feeling calm and the SUPER BONUS is excellent muscles.

Yesterday I found a new memoir yesterday at the library, The Locust and the Bird by Hanan Al-Shaykh. So far it's fabulous. I love well written memoirs.

No comments: