Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Yesterday

Yesterday as I approached YMCA I noticed a man leaning against a telephone pole near the back entrance. He had his wallet open and he seemed to be searching for something. A piece of paper fell to the ground. He appeared to be in pain. "May I get that for you," I asked. I bent down and handed it to him. "Are you okay?"
"I think I need to go to the emergency room," he said.
"Is it okay if I go inside and ask them to call you an ambulance?"
"Yes" he replied. I turned and just as I opened the door to the YMCA Ed the aquatics director came out.
"He needs an ambulance," I said.
"I was just coming to check on him. I'll call," he said holding his phone.
"Thank god," I said.
I told Angela at the front desk what had happened. "This is why I love this community. It takes a village and we are one." I walked into the locker room and sat down and as I untied my sneakers. I could hear the sirens approaching.

No comments: