Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Water Scare

Last night as I was swimming laps I saw a slender brown teen sinking vertically and thrashing to rise up. I wasn't sure what I was seeing. Was he playing a game? He came up for air and gasped. I asked him are you okay?
I almost drowned.
His mom and Aunt were there too. We were in the deep end. They were also scared by what happened. I spent the rest of the swim time showing the man how to push up from the water. Swimming can be hard for slender men and they do not like to wear life vests. Women have built in life vests-- breasts! It's true! I told him swim in shallow water until you are secure. You can always stand in shallow water. I had the same experience when I was 7 on vacation with my parents. The lifeguard fished me out and I remember it like it was yesterday. I hope you stay friends with the water in spite of your scare, I said.

No comments: