Monday, November 25, 2019

Martin Luther

“If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write.”
― Martin Luther

“You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say.”
― Martin Luther

“Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”
― Martin Luther

“We are saved by faith alone, but the faith that saves is never alone.”
― Martin Luther

“Whenever the devil harasses you, seek the company of men or drink more, or joke and talk nonsense, or do some other merry thing. Sometimes we must drink more, sport, recreate ourselves, and even sin a little to spite the devil, so that we leave him no place for troubling our consciences with trifles. We are conquered if we try too conscientiously not to sin at all. So when the devil says to you: do not drink, answer him: I will drink, and right freely, just because you tell me not to.”
― Martin Luther

“The dog is the most faithful of animals and would be much esteemed were it not so common. Our Lord God has made His greatest gifts the commonest.”
― Martin Luther

“Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.”
― Martin Luther

“You have as much laughter as you have faith.”
― Martin Luther

“My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary.”
― Martin Luther

“I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.”
― Martin Luther

No comments: