Monday, November 30, 2020

Turkey Soup

 I was feeling nauseous for the past few days so I decided I needed to return to my regular soul foods.

 I just made a turkey soup using smashed and peeled whole bulb of garlic cloves, one small head of chopped cabbage, the whole bunch celery chopped, two Spanish onions chopped, four huge carrots diced, chopped leftover turkey slices, small blob of leftover stuffing, slices of fresh ginger root, turkey wing, drumstick, olive oil, kosher salt, water, Adobo, bits of skin and some leftover black beans thrown in for color. It came out FANTASTIC

I sauteed onions and celery in olive oil until translucent then I added water and then everything 
else except I held back the cooked black beans until after it was done. 
I pressure cooked the vat of ingredients for 30 minutes in the Instant Pot.
 I added more water,  more Adobo and more salt.
Then I threw in the black beans for color.
It's delicious! 

No comments: