Thursday, March 04, 2021

A Visit with Nancy

I met with my friend Nancy yesterday.  She lives on my street. I walked over with the homemade mint chocolate pudding I promised.

 Her father  Al who lives in the same house in the apartment next door opened his window and told me Nancy was delayed. Al is my friend too. He said Nancy could see me sitting on her porch thru her camera.  I was enjoying the visit and watching the clouds and the sunset in the cemetery across the street. Nancy finally arrived and she made me a coconut almond coffee and laughed a lot about stuff.

High tech Nancy, I tease her. She has an automated vacuum and a smart speaker in her kitchen on a tiny decorative chair next to the range.

What kind of music do you like?

All kinds but I keep the classical station on in my house and office to keep me calm. The station is WCRB out of Boston.

Hey Alexa, play WCRB Classical music! Nancy said. And Alexa did.

I also love opera. 

Hey Alexa play Luciano Pavarotti. 

Now isn't that amazing?

He has quite a voice.

 As I got up to leave Frank Sinatra was playing

This is not Pavarotti? I said.

Hey Alexa what are you playing? Nancy asked.

 "Luciano Pavarotti and Frank Sinatra,"  Alexa replied.

We both laughed. I guess they did an album together.

No comments: