Thursday, June 28, 2018

Transmit Mode

When I go into transmit mode I think about making sourdough pancakes and waffles. I think about buying colorful cotton fabric and sewing blouses, napkins, skirts, tablecloths. But I never do it. I am easily distracted. I think about taking day trips preferably with my dog on ferry boats or to the ocean but it never happens. I feel cozy in my body and in my home and neighborhood. I walk my dog in other directions. I bake and cook and write and drink coffee and cocoa. I feel cozy and energized and hyperactive and lit up from within. Last time I went into transmit mode it was February and I blew off my swimming for 3 months and just baked and cooked and cleaned and walked and wrote and ate too much.

This time I hope to keep swimming and stay grounded and focused even if I swim earlier or later than in receive mode. "Just one lap!"

Last night I hung an old bed sheet behind the muslin curtains in the studio window to make a temporary thermal curtain for blocking out the afternoon sun. The night before I vacuumed the bedroom and washed the blankets and sheets. Taking care of things little bit at a time is the balanced way.

No comments: