Friday, March 25, 2022

Untitled

I work from home so naturally I went bananas when an impromptu motorcycle shop opened in a rented garage under my window. 

After weeks of noise for six hours a day I contacted our city zoning officer and filed an official complaint. 

The zoning officer sent the police Captain to investigate.

The motorcycle guy denied everything even though there he was working on a few motorcycles. 

Then things got quiet for two weeks and I was so relieved and grateful.

I thanked the zoning officer and captain profusely for giving me back my home and work sanctuary.

Then one day it started up again 

and then again and again.

I went bananas. 

So even when the guy shut down for the day and stayed away for days I stayed angry. So angry I could still hear the motorcycles when he wasn't here

because I was still mad

even in silence

I had no silence

So now who was torturing me? I asked myself 

and laughed and laughed.

“The next message you need is always right where you are.” 

Ram Dass

No comments: