Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Freedom

I'm enjoying my freedom to feel the morning air and walk my dog and write before having to deal with humans. It's 61 degrees. The best temperature of the day. By the time it climbs too high I will be underwater.

Romeo and I had a walk Downtown but he had a leg cramp so we stopped and turned around behind the Elks hall and then I ran into Sylvia.  She lives at the Saint Germain eldercare place. We sat outside on the wooden bench swing under the horse chestnut.  SYLVIA! She is 85 and has been my friend for 27 years. ROMEO has introduced me to the best humans.

Yesterday I walked with Nancy and Romeo. Nancy used her white cane with the rolling marshmallow at the end and we still had a few crashes. We just laughed. Her visor made a good curb feeler. I narrated the view of flowers and colors. I didn't realize how many signs are in the middle of the sidewalk. She is such a looker. I noticed all the men driving by were looking at her long neck long legged beauty.

I had to change veterinarians yesterday because they never mailed Heartworm Prevention Pills (but cashed the check) and I called 4x over the past MONTH and emailed and they kept promising and not doing it and now we're running out of time. The pill is once a month and I always prepare ahead. We need it by Saturday. We used to drive 50 minutes to this vet because my vet of 40 years had joined this practice but he retired 2 years ago. We kept going all the way to TIVERTON RI anyway.
 
So, they kept the money but did not mail the goods. I call that robbery. I am still angry. I contacted my retired vet for a recommendation. My husband says look ahead. It's harder for me.
 
We had a great rehearsal for the upcoming parade. Everyone was in a good mood. So far the forecast isn't too bad.
 
My Monday batch of kimchi (4th batch) came out so good. I'm finally getting the hang of it. We've eaten half a gallon of it already. I am now teaching people how to make it. It was good on the first day and it's so easy. Grated carrots, fresh garlic, onion, Napa cabbage, fresh ginger, special Korean red pepper powder and kosher salt. It's so good and refreshing for summer. I dump 2 cups of it on top of romaine lettuce or spinach and then add peanuts and sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil.
 
It feels like a Friday!

No comments: