Monday, June 27, 2022

Half Birthday

This is such a great birthday compared to the one I was born with. The one time I celebrated my half birthday on June 27 I floated a chocolate cake on a small cake sized raft on my friend Adele's pond in Scituate RI. We all swam around the Hershey's cocoa chocolate Bundt cake I made and we lit skinny blue birthday candles. Her niece and nephew who were 9 and 11 at the time joined in (very worried that the cake could sink) and then we brought it ashore and ate it with my home made yogurt honey vanilla sauce on top.

Today I am making Kimchi! https://theurbanmermaid.blogspot.com/search?q=kimchee It's already delicious. This is my 4th time making it. The most recent batch is the best. I veered from the traditional recipe and added grated carrots and red onions and Napa cabbage and fresh garlic and ginger. 

I'm enjoying walking to the pool because by the time I arrive I am so warmed up I no longer use a bathing cap and the water seems cool instead of hot. I also run into the early bird police detail workers I know along the way and have great little visits. I really need to have my freedom. 45 years of self employment has shown me that I require my own schedule. I am not tribal or a team player. I despise gossip and groups. I have never worked in an office and I hope I never do. I am allergic to Bureaucracies and bureaucrats including the ones in my family.

No comments: