Saturday, September 24, 2022

A Day in the Life

Today walking home from the pool I spotted a pristine cigarette on the sidewalk in front of the former Brazilian restaurant. I continued home and spotted Kyle. Kyle was hunting for cigarette butts across the intersection. Kyle is always hunting for tobacco. Hey Kyle, I shouted and pointed, there's a cigarette in front of the store front. He walked over. I paused in front of my stairs to watch him find it. He did and then we waved to each other.

Later, when I walked Romeo, I saw a squirrel running and hopping right toward us. He was the happiest squirrel I'd ever seen. We were on the swath of grass behind the baseball field. He was young and reddish brown. I spotted the man who had just released the squirrel from a have-a-heart trap. I watched him drive away in a dark red SUV.

On my way home I saw a sedan drive by stuffed with yellow balloons. It was followed by another sedan filled with pink balloons. I worried about their ability to see the road but assumed they were going to the same celebration.

No comments: