Friday, September 16, 2022

Friday Pie Day

Today I had a killer sinus headache from ragweed and outdoor mold and the decongestant and generic Excedrin was not working on the second round for some reason. So I went swimming and after an hour of vigorous lap swimming I was healed. 

Then my neighbor friend Nancy invited us over for taco soup. It was delicious! 

Now I am baking 6 baby (6") pumpkin pies. I pre-baked my whole wheat press-in oil crust then I added my pumpkin pie filling made with evaporated milk egg, molasses, freshly grated ginger, cinnamon and a tiny bit of sugar. My recipe is here: https://theurbanmermaid.blogspot.com/2020/11/my-best-pumpkin-pie.html

We love pumpkin pie and we consider it food! It's excellent with hot black coffee.

Now we are cooling them so we can refrigerate them overnight.

No comments: