Sunday, September 18, 2022

Dream

I stepped into the elevator in my step-father's old NYC office building. I couldn't remember which floor had his office. That's what 12 hours of sleep will do, I said to the other people in the elevator. 

The elevator door opened and there was a big glass canister of unopened teabags on a table leftover from a reception. I jumped out of the elevator and reached in and grabbed a few of my favorites and jumped back into the elevator. PG Tips is great tea, have you had it? I said to the others in the elevator. I used to live with folks from England, I said.

I was carrying tiny brass sculptures that I gave a woman who worked in my step-father's art studio. She worked as a graphic designer. I was waiting for the moment to tell her my step-father founded the company. Later I was regretting that I gave the sculptures away.

No comments: