Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Stories are ANCHORS because our brains are wired for story!

There's a fable Bill read to me from the middle east....and it basically hopeful and about head noise.

It's a princess who has been captured by a demon and the demon has taken her down to his lair which is beneath a body of water.  the only way to rescue the princess is to lower yourself  by a rope into the body of water. Each suitor trying to rescue the princess becomes assaulted by a terrifying noise that forces them to retreat. But the storyteller's son knows the story from his father so he plugs his ears and that allows him to move beyond the noise. So he does succeed in finding the lair of the demon and rescuing the princess.

To me this is a metaphor for the head noise and hope.

I get it, it's scary and relentless but, BIG HUG. I PROMISE YOU, it gets better. Bill has been reminding me of this story for 20 years.

Stories are ANCHORS because our brains are wired for story!

No comments: