Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Chemistry, Weather, and Habit

It's cool and gray and breezy today. I'm wearing long sleeves under my fleece pullover. The leaves rustling at the window sound like Autumn. This morning it was actually cold enough to close the windows. I am having to remind myself it's the middle of June because the weather today is making my brain think it's late September. I'd be fine with cool weather all summer. I tend to panic in the heat and humidity. I'm relieved to be feeling calm, content, and introspective after a bunch of agitated days. Once again I am reminded I am a walking chemistry set. This morning we had no milk in the house, so instead of my morning hot tea I drank cold lemonade tea, my usual summer afternoon beverage, and my brain thought it was afternoon! Are we so easily swayed by chemistry, weather, and habit? Yes, and I think it's fascinating.

No comments: