Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Sunshine Walk

I just walked Honey through downtown Woonsocket I saw my favorite Beacon School kids painting on The Cakery window! Honey and I said hello and kept walking down South Main Street all the way to Pound Hill Road in North Smithfield. We walked to Phoenix Rising Horse Farm going around the muddy horse trails. We met lots of dogs and then we walked home via Providence Street. I took a detour through River Island park so Honey could drink water while I examined the skating rink. When we got home I unearthed my ice skates! Free skating every day! C'mon down! There's a guy on St. Barnabe Street that sharpens skates in his basement workshop. His place is like a museum. He has autographed pictures on the wall of all of the champion Woonsocket hockey players! He also has some of the first skates ever made! Going there is almost more fun than skating.

No comments: