Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Bus Stop

Each day the Red Maple tree out my office window is further along. Today the leaves are filled out with chartreuse fluff dangling! The tree looks like a 1920's Flapper dress.

A ten year old boy greeted Lily and me as we walked by the school bus stop this morning. He told me about all the animals he had when he lived in Cumberland. He said he had horses and five dogs; three chihuahuas, a German shepherd and a boxer. He said he missed his boxer. He said his boxer had seizures. I told him I had a cat once that had seizures. It can happen, I said. Then he said no, someone hurt his dog. He said many people had told him that his father had gotten angry at his boxer concerning the father's car and that his father hurt the dog in a rage and this is how his dog got seizures and died. I just watched the boy's face as he calmly told me this sad story. I wondered if the father still lived with the family.

Then a girl listening asked me why we can't have horses in Woonsocket. I said because we all live too close together!

At the next bus stop a ten year old boy showed me a four leaf clover he had found in his front yard. I was amazed! He kept looking and found four more and a five leaf clover and he gave them all to me! I told him thanks, this is a lifetime of good luck for all of Woonsocket! I took them home and pressed them between pages of our new phone book.

No comments: