Sunday, May 24, 2009

Morning

I love Spring mornings because I wake with the sun and sit on the bench in my yard. The families in the neighborhood are still asleep and it all feels magical in our little Urban ghetto.

We'll have a crop of urban raspberries and blueberries and mulberries pretty soon. I can't wait. I'm thinking it's another opportunity to make home made ice cream with the neighborhood kids.

There's a strawberry and blueberry farm called Tikkanen's and you pick your own! The family is Swedish and half the farm is in CT and half in RI. The valley of berries is hilly and beautiful and foggy in the early morning. I am thinking of going this year and our favorite pond is nearby.

1 comment:

jon said...

we just planted blueberries and raspberries, and the mulberry tree is full of green berries. there's a woodchuck who loves the mulberries so much he sits under the tree looking drunk. but then, woodchucks always look like they've been up all night drinking.

hi emily!

love,
jon