Monday, May 04, 2009

Lily, Lilacs and Rhubarb

I woke with the birds and took a long walk down my street. I saw a guy roto-tilling his huge garden opposite Cimetiere Du Precieux Sang (Precious Blood Cemetery) and guys paving the sidewalks in front of Turbesi Park. They joked about putting Lily's paw prints in the wet cement! I saw bushels of rhubarb growing and wished mine was as plentiful. I love rhubarb cooked and sweetened, or strawberry rhubarb pie. We met a few dogs one of whom is an authentic coon hound. She was as big as Lily and equally sweet. I wanted to carry Lily over the tall black chain link fence so they could play together. I hope the dogs can play sometime. I saw the two Boston terriers we had met the other night out walking. This time they appeared in the picture window of the house that used to have a sweet dachshund tied in the yard. I remember there was an elderly couple living there. I know all the dogs for miles in every direction!

Over the weekend we visited a few friends who needed their pianos tuned. Bill tuned and I cooked for everyone. I had fun walking Lily in a new area, watching my friend's fish tank at dawn, and playing my baby red accordion. We visited Stew Leonards and I was fascinated by the donut machine and the exploding rice cake machine! I love machines!

No comments: