Friday, July 03, 2009

Sewing

This morning I was repairing a bunch of the seams of one of my favorite pairs of jeans. I got them used at a yard sale on our street about twelve years ago and I still love them. The threads along most of the major seams have deteriorated but the fabric is still intact so I've been trying to keep these pants alive! The denim is quite thick and my sewing machine was not happy. I busted a needle and bent another, all causing multiple jam ups. After all of these starts and stops I realized I mustn't run my sewing machine through the thick fabric anymore. Luckily by this time I had accomplished most of my repairs! So I took Lily out and as we walked along the sidewalk I imagined the sidewalk as my fabric and the curb as the thick seam I was trying to sew.

No comments: