Monday, July 06, 2009

Body Sensitivity

I tell my moody friends that coffee often makes me angry and allergy medicine sometimes makes me feel like I've had a blood transfusion. My sensitivity is not just to my emotions but to all of the chemicals produced by or added to my body; caffeine, alcohol, allergy medicine, anxiety/fear/stress chemicals, excitement and joy chemicals, monthly hormones, allergic reactions to pollen and molds, histamines, tide + moon phases, sunlight, change of daylight hours, nutrients, etc. Not to mention weather, holidays, and daily life's events and dramas!

The important thing for me to remember about being sensitive is it works both ways! I can alter my chemistry in a positive direction just by taking a three mile walk! I need to respect these subtle and not so subtle chemical changes, to observe them, learn how to make use of them, and try not be a victim of them. Good nutrition, physical activity, and using my creative energies are the best way for me to use this sensitivity to positive effect. Walking my dog and making art are all part of a chemical grounding of my body. I do not wish to spin up or down or out!

2 comments:

Victoria Thorne said...

I love this...and it is a reminder, for me, that comes just at the right time. We are who we are, yes? Lucky to be so sensitive, and needing to remember that it is all part of the big picture...

At this very moment, a walk sounds perfect!

Aubrey said...

This is very true for me! Thank you.