Sunday, April 10, 2011

Brave Moon

Brave Moon is amazing. She sings, writes, paints, draws, and dances. Today she read The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories aloud to me during our reading session. I was thinking that next I must show her Edward Gorey and Shel Silverstein and Saul Steinberg. She read me about eight of her poems and I suggested she make a book. She loved the idea and printed out a bunch of the poems on paper. She has about 50 stashed away that she has written over the past year! She found a black binder for her loose-leaf pages. She is totally self motivated and smart. I am just her guide. She is on the healing road. I asked her if she wants to make cover art for the book Yes, she said, Japanese style. When I told her she'd need a head shot for her bio, she unclipped her hair and fluffed it to show me the Anime look she wants for her portrait. She decided to dedicate the book to the girls who can't speak out. She hopes this will help them with their healing. Amen.

No comments: