Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Neil Young, We Love YOU!!

Sunrise

As the sun rises today I wonder. How hard should I try? As I spread awareness of Climate change and make that my priority, am I losing sight of day to day life? Is this more important than making music?
Why should it matter so much to me?

I know what I feel. I am always seeing ways I could improve my own behavior towards preserving Planet Earth. Today I took a ride in a cool old car but I was thinking about the pollution I was causing, not care free like I once was. Then I looked ahead and saw all the other cars. They were mostly brand new but still just like mine. They ran the same way and burned the same dirty fuel as my fifty-five year old car.
Why should I blame myself?

Anyway, there is no other fuel available at gas stations. Big Oil still has the monopoly there.
No Freedom of Choice on that decision exists anywhere near here in corporate run
America. That's odd, I thought to myself. Wasn't the president elected on
promises of a cleaner renewable energy future?
Isn't Freedom of Choice part of Liberty?

Then I thought about my family. My daughter was just married
and I may be a grandfather some day. What about those
kids? What will I be doing to make sure they have
a better world? The sun rose over the horizon
then, blinding me when I looked at it.
How hard should I try?

Neil Young
West Coast of California
9/27/13



Beyond the Sands

Beyond the sands lies the future of mankind. Thinking about our daily concerns can only be a small part of life compared to the greater goal of change. Renewable energy, clean as a baby's first sip, is the only way to tomorrow.

We saw it in Toronto, in Calgary and other parts of Canada and the world. Extreme weather is tied to our Climate Chaos moment, developing right in front of our eyes, now in its first blush. Let's not think
about hurt feelings as everything we have built must now change and adapt to reality.

Oil is only one of the causes, and those who prosper from it are not our enemy, they are
our early opportunity for change you can see. CO2 levels climb, surrounding
our home, a blue speck in the universe. They can either be our death knell
or our wake up call.

Join us or deny us. The choice is yours. Time is not on our side in
either case.

Become a futurist. There is a lifetime of work to do,
refocusing and prioritizing on survival through
clean and shared solutions.

Neil Young

Nashville, Tennessee
September 16, 2013

source

No comments: