Sunday, January 26, 2014

Close Call

I'd been up since three AM, by 6:30AM Lily wanted to go out. So I let her the yard. I almost ran back inside as I do often, letting her roam and explore for just 5 minutes. I always fear someone could steal her. So I stood out there for a while staring at Venus and the crescent moon. I turned around and called Lily, I didn't see her or hear her. I noticed the front wooden gate wide open. Lily was gone! I ran through the open gate and I called for her softly since it was Sunday morning and neighbors were still asleep. I spotted her rump and tail in the front hedges 10 feet from the gate. Thank God she didn't get far! She was chowing down on cat poop. I've never been so happy that she eats cat shit. I tore through the shrubs wearing just my gray long underwear with red fleece blanket wrapped around my waist, and green sweatshirt and clogs. I gently grabbed her by the ass hoping she wouldn't run. We bushwhacked through the shrubs to the front granite stairs. Whew. The wind must've pushed the gate open or maybe a person left it ajar, trying to cut through. Now the gate is locked.

No comments: