Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Full Moon Dream that woke me up at 3:15

I was driving a little Volkswagen beetle on a sandy path in a beach community, I was being followed by an angry and curious driver. I came to a small wooden staircase blocking the path. I got out and carried the car over the stairs and jumped back in and kept driving. I did this a few times, each time I got out and carried my VW bug over a small set of wooden stairs and jumped back in and kept driving. I arrived at a communal living spot. The veranda had tall ceilings with archways, and rugs on a tiled floor. One huge round rug had fifty-two pairs of shoes! I noticed pointy-toed black leather fashion boots and heels amongst them. I knew who they belonged to. I was still racing to get away. I was on the sandy path at an intersection in Tiverton complaining about illustration to my friend. He got bored and drove off in a vintage gold-colored El Dorado with a rumbling muffler. Apparently a strip mall was being planned at this intersection and everyone was upset about it. I tried on a men's gold corduroy jacket at a thrift store. It had a hole near the cuff. I noticed a checkbook and money in the breast pocket. I hurried to buy it but couldn't find my wallet. I woke up searching for my little "Change comes from within" purse.

1 comment:

Gregg said...

Although I am supremely unqualified for this task, I'm going to try to interpret.
Volkswagen bug - you called it a beetle, further emphasizing it's insect typecast.
Wood blocking path sounds sexual.
Stairways are interesting because they are up/down paths.
Carrying the car above your head shows yourself with superhuman strength.
Doing it multiple times shows that you are either using it as an exercise or you really enjoy the motion and action of accomplishing this particular act.
Continually arriving at communal spots makes me think that you are happily accepting of all human beings and you expect them to be accepting of you.
Your round rug with 52 pairs of shoes to me symbolizes the 52 weeks of the year. The circle is the earth and somehow you are circumnavigating the earth in 1 year.
The pointy toed black shoes perhaps is your mother?
You are still evolving and escaping the influence of your mother.
You met your friend at a sandy path. That's very natural. His boredom and wanting to get away suggesting you perhaps are questioning your natural tendencies and relationship with the earth.
Because he drove off in a vintage gold El Dorado suggest that you may look at him him as a pimp figure. Because his car made noises suggested he is economically not successful.
Because you were complaining about illustration shows that you have a deeper feeling about your art rather than simply representing.
The idea of the strip mall suggest several things to me. One idea is backward progress towards urban sprawl, the other is an unusual juxtaposition of the words strip and mall.
Because you try on a man's gold corduroy jacket makes me think that you're trying to take on the appearances or production of others perhaps influencing you.
Finding a hole near the cuff is just pure magic.
Finding a checkbook and money in the pocket is like reaching out for success where none may be immediately found.
Searching for your wallet suggests that you need to make and keep your money in a safe place.
By quoting change comes from within you are stating that you are searching inside for a deeper meaning for life and it will require change to "purchase" your future.

That is my interpretation.
You of course may want to augment my interpretation with the advice of a shrink or a guru, your choice!