Friday, April 11, 2014

Dream

I dreamed I was on Brighton Beach riding the elevator in my Grandmother's old apartment building. The elevator was exactly the same as when I was five. I saw my reflection in the metal door plate. I looked just like them, I thought. In the dream there was a family gathering and my Uncle had black hair, black horn rimmed glasses and long black Elvis Presley sideburns. My brother had gray hair. Is that your hair, I asked him. He removed the gray yarn Raggety Ann wig to show me his real gray hair. His cheeks had little red hearts, rubbed away. Doesn't Uncle Ron look like Elvis Presley, I said. I tried to tell them about my dream of seeing my reflection in the metal door plate in the elevator. I've never dreamed my reflection, I said but nobody was listening. In the dream my postman was my landlord and he was at the party telling me how dangerous the neighborhood was but I had already rented the apartment.

No comments: