Saturday, August 01, 2015

Literacy + Awareness

Literacy and awareness are the secrets to my life. If more people read they might have much more compassion and respect and less fear and indoctrination running their lives.

We appreciate how great it's been back here in the parking lot turned kids park. We all feel at home which is worth all the money in the world. In my 26 years here it has never been so cordial and truly communal. This is spoken by a true home-body. My home is my castle but my city is my village. I love my city.

Yesterday while walking Lily I stopped to say hi to a friend on Social Street I noticed a man was passed out in the dirt bed next to Burger King. I was glad that the police came to inquire. Our city is small enough to truly care. We are lucky.

When I returned home I noticed that the loud neighbor had thrown her couch, rugs, and bedroom furniture out the window. She's moving. I feel bad for her and her family yet relieved.

The slum-lord never screens his prospective tenants, we all wince when things turn out horribly which they inevitably do. The slum-lord's parents have a reputation for being slum-lords too. Genetically ineducable. Greed is blind.

No comments: