Friday, April 01, 2016

Fools in Love

We had asparagus last night and it's all I can do to not bicycle over and buy some more. When we bought our house the first thing we did was plant asparagus. I had been carrying around asparagus roots in a suitcase hoping to plant them someday. We planted and it grew. When you harvest asparagus fresh from your backyard there's no need to cook it. Fresh is best. But now our Maple and Aspen and Mulberry trees are so big and healthy our yard is in complete shade, which we love but this means no more asparagus. Thank God for PRICE RITE bunches of asparagus are for sale for two dollars.

This year we have one blooming daffodil and she survived the snowstorm.

Lately I have fantasies about Bantam chickens two or three of my own right here in the city. Not sure if I can add another routine to my day. I really want a Jersey cow, and a few goats but that is out of the question in the city and I'm never moving to the country.

I've been walking to the pond lately and I have been hearing about the awful fights and fears among the suburbanites. I love the city. When I walk to the pond it's to relax. I am not sure I want to know about the cursing councilman and his disputed property lines. When I turned on the radio this morning I'd had it with blathering news and politics. I quickly switched to Michelle Willson's Jazz show out of Worcester and then when she left I moved over to the classical station. Amen.

No comments: