Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Let's Face it, What Else is There?

I marvel that each day is completely different even when I am doing the same things. Today at the pool it was full and we all had to use different swim lanes. I arrived wearing my suit and jumped right in. Then for a change I used the tiny locker room next to the pool. It's good to switch things up because then everything is new again. I walked a different route with Lily, going through the newly renovated WWII Veteran's Memorial Park and over to Jamie Sullivan's Butcher shop on North Main Street. He was stapling his colorful hand-painted signs to the wooden sandwich boards and we stopped to chat. "I cleaned and re-hung your paintings, go inside and have a look," he said. He had wrapped them in a clear plastic stretched so tight that it looked like glass. "I am so glad they are back up. It's an honor to have a local gallery and even better that it is a WONDERFUL MARKET!!Run by a great guy. Thomas Hart Benton hung his paintings in Saloons versus galleries so people going about their day got to experience them. This is exactly how I feel having my paintings in the butcher shop," I said.
When you shop at Jamie's SHAW'S MEATS you don't just get the best you usually get a great conversation and great advice about food, cooking and life. And let's face it. What else is there?

No comments: