Friday, May 27, 2016

Routine

source

Artists today don't have the opportunity to paint for an hourly wage.
-Cristina Acosta

Routine, in an intelligent man, is a sign of ambition.
-W. H. Auden

Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work.
-Gustave Flaubert

Get on a daily routine... Working is a process not a product. Success comes from the word, succeed: Latin: 'to under go.' You must keep moving.
-Nicoletta Baumeister

Each time we bring to routine activities an awareness of 'now,' we raise our vibratory frequency and cause the freshness of the moment to fall upon us.
-Dr. Michael Beckwith

A shift in our routines is invigorating.
-Brenda Behr

I paint every day. Sometimes I hate painting, but I keep at it, thinking always that before I croak I'll really learn how to do it – maybe as well as some of the old painters.
-Thomas Hart Benton

Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night.
-William Blake

Ya know what I do almost every day? I wash. Personal hygiene is part of the package with me.
-Jim Carrey

For the past eighty years I have started each day in the same manner... I go to the piano, and I play preludes and fugues of Bach... It is a sort of benediction on the house.
-Pablo Casals

Most people can't handle a structureless life.
-Doug Coupland

Wake up as an artist; be an artist each day. Do what is before you to do. Be still, open, and willing.
-Aliye Cullu

One's daily routine is a choice, or a series of choices. In the right hands, it can be a finely calibrated mechanism for taking advantage of a range of limited resources.
-Mason Currey

I would go to work from 9 to 6, go home, nap for two hours, then write from 8 to 2 a.m.
-Lena Dunham

I go to the studio everyday because one day I may go and the Angel will be there. What if I don't go and the Angel comes?
-Philip Guston

The only possible way to have it ALL is with structure and the discipline to keep to it, to make it a routine.
-Margot Hattingh

The cumulative power of doing things the same way every day seems to be a way of saying to the mind: You're going to be dreaming soon.
-Stephen King

Out of routine comes inspiration.
-Mark Kostabi

Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not.
-Ursula K. LeGuin

-Move a Little, Lose a Lot...
Burn 2,100 calories a week just by changing your daily work routine.
-James A. Levine

Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to achieving your dreams.
-Og Mandino

I like routine. It enables me to improvise.
-James Nares

Perhaps my only secret is that I always bear in mind what my father said: 'Do the smallest things in daily routine with enthusiasm and sincerity.'
-Nerrisa Ng

The quiet people just do their work.
-Joyce Carol Oates

Nothing will sustain you more potently than the power to recognize in your humdrum routine, as perhaps it may be thought, the true poetry of life.
Sir William Osler

Let what is irksome become habitual, no more will it trouble you.
-Ovid

I go to my studio every day. Some days the work comes easily. Other days nothing happens. Yet on the good days the inspiration is only an accumulation of all the other days, the nonproductive ones.
-Beverly Pepper

We need to rewire the brain to work the creative outlet. It needs time just like other more mundane tasks.
-Karen Phinney

-By sticking to a schedule and not waiting for inspiration to hit I am assured of getting work done. No phone calls or other interruptions during work hours.
-Frances Poole

Man's usual routine is to work and to dream and work and dream.
-Raymond Queneau

I am not naturally organized; in fact, I'm rather lazy, and if I didn't have a schedule, weekly goals, and an organized bookkeeping system, I'd never be able to supply galleries and clients with the volume of work they expect from me.
-Monique Sakellarios

If I don't paint for one day, I don't feel well physically or mentally.
-Raphael Soyer

-I'd rather be in the studio
When you have set yourself a specific routine, all of the pieces of your life fit together to make you a better artist.
-Alyson B. Stanfield

It's a hard thing to leave any deeply routine life, even if you hate it.
-John Steinbeck

The best things in life are nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you. Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Zen is not some kind of excitement, but concentration on our usual everyday routine.
-Shunryu Suzuki

After so many years, I've learned that being creative is a full-time job with its own daily patterns. That's why writers, for example, like to establish routines for themselves. The most productive ones get started early in the morning, when the world is quiet, the phones aren't ringing, and their minds are rested, alert, and not yet polluted by other people's words.
-Twyla Tharp

Routine is a ground to stand on, a wall to retreat to; we cannot draw on our boots without bracing ourselves against it.
-Henry David Thoreau

So just think how exciting it would be if for once you had your tea at quarter past six? It'd make headlines...
-Shirley Valentine

I have no regular schedule. I get up whenever I can.
-Jimmy Wales

Faithfulness in the performance of small duties gives us strength to adhere to difficult determinations that life will someday force us to make.
- Paramahansa Yogananda

No comments: