Thursday, June 30, 2016

Life Imitates Dream

This morning I dreamed of a red truck totaling another car while getting out of a parking space. In the dream I walked right up to the truck and got the license plate to give to the police.

When I woke up I went into my yard to write. I heard a car drive up and park nearby with the motor running. It was hidden behind the bush next to my fence. I got up and glanced at the license plate and wrote it down. I began wheeling out my trash barrels to the sidewalk. As I was coming to get the second barrel a beady-eyed guy I recognize came running up to the car. I noticed the driver's right arm was an inked sleeve of tattoos resting on the steering wheel. There was a quick exchange and then the beady-eyed guy ran off. I had the feeling he was coming back. And two minutes later he did. They had another exchange of invisible items and then parted.

No comments: