Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Good Luck

I saw Alex yesterday. He was dressed as a woman. When he bent down to pet Lily I saw the gray and blue socks stuffed in his bra. He's a beautiful soul. He had his black and white composition book in his hand and his black hair was tied up in two tiny pig tails. We shook hands. "Great to see you, it's always a treat," I said.
"Likewise," he replied.
I noticed the scars on his tan arms.
"How are you?" he asked me.
"I'm okay. How are you?" I asked.
"Pretty good. I was on a medication that wasn't letting me sleep, it kept me awake for three days, and my legs kept moving," he said.
"Restless legs?" I asked.
"Yeah. Now they have me on a higher dose of two different medications and I can sleep," he said.
"That's good. Sleep is important," I said.
"I know. They told me if I have any more trouble to let them know," he said.
"It's good that you live so close to your doctor. You can walk right over if you need him," I said.
Alex paused for a moment.
"Hey, I have a phone number of a person I like," he said, smiling.
"That's exciting. When are you going to call?"
"Tomorrow."
"Good luck!"

No comments: