Friday, September 30, 2016

Lara Herscovitch

The footprints teach us we can get through, love is the bravest thing we can do.- Lara Herscovitch

"Are you working to connect the dots or to merely collect more dots?"
-Seth Godin, in What to Do When It's Your Turn (and it's always your turn)

"What was really needed was a fundamental change in our attitude toward life. We had to learn ourselves and, furthermore, we had to teach the despairing men, that it did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us."


Life offers so many interesting juxtapositions. One I'm pondering lately: The way it insists that I (and each of us) take the wheel and drive the (metaphoric*) car, and also sit patiently in the passenger seat (sometimes on the roof) and be driven by (and sometimes be hit by) so many factors beyond my control.

I'm deeply sad about all the profound struggles and inequities in our world. And I'm deeply inspired by the shift and increase in people insisting on taking the wheel (and creating new roads, tunnels and bridges - not to mention better seating on the roof). I agree with Seth Godin - it's my, your, our turn. Not just an option; also a necessity. I'm throwing an anchor into the future, trusting it, grabbing the rope and pulling myself there. And waving to you alongside. -your fellow (gal) MISFiT, lara

No comments: