Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Making 16 Bean Soup + Molasses Granola

After reading recipes this morning I jumped up and started making soup. I started with a one pound bag of 16 bean soup, I've added lots of water, I threw in a gigantic yam that I cubed and chopped beans that I bought on Saturday. I've added chopped celery and chopped red onions. The pot is overflowing! and I will transfer it to my soup vat which will give me more space to add more vegetables.

I mixed up a batch of molasses granola which smells amazing.

This is how I bake and cook (and do everything) improvisation.

I think about things while I am working in the kitchen. I used to be afraid of having my work at home and now I can't imagine separating them. I don't separate my mind from body either. I think with my abdomen. I get my best ideas when underwater or while I'm walking.

No comments: