Thursday, October 20, 2016

Start the Day Like a Turtle

I went swimming this morning and my muscles were smiling. I felt like a dancer! There were two other devoted lap swimmers there. The sun was lighting up the sky. I walked home soaking wet in flipflops, cozy dress and sweatshirt and jumped into my home pool, my yellow bath tub.

Receive-mode is here and so I am desperate to swim and walk as soon as I wake up to lift my vantage point. It's an old and welcome friend, and very reliable. Receive-mode usually lasts late October until early January. Get comfortable, I tell myself, there's no changing it. Dance with the shadows and swim with the fish. Be sure do get daylight on your face each day. The earlier you rise the more daylight your brain registers.

I might need to add running to the list because the melancholy is intense.

I love seeing the colorful mums everywhere. The seasonal colors are spectacular.

No comments: