Tuesday, November 07, 2017

The Pee Jar

"I broke the pee jar," I said to my husband. The 4 oz jam jar we discovered was just shallow enough for getting urine samples from our female dogs over the years. Each time we needed it for veterinary purposes we'd sheepishly ask for it back. "No problem," they'd say returning it to us rinsed. We cherished this jar because it was also a perfect measurement for heating up milk for one mug of coffee. We called it the pee jar to make ourselves laugh. This morning while preparing coffee I stepped away and began fussing the mirror. I heard the sound of breaking glass in the kitchen. Our cat had been licking the remaining milk out of the jar and accidentally pushed it off the counter. "It was bound to happen," I said to my husband, "But now we have a boy dog, he has a spigot so getting a urine sample will be much easier."

No comments: