Sunday, May 20, 2018

Ashley Koala

Museum of Work & Culture Celebrates Students’ Creative Talents and Civic Pride

“Woonsocket Proud” Essay and Art Contest Winners Announced

The grand prize winner was Ashley Koala from Harris Elementary, who received Rubano’s book, a family membership to the Rhode Island Historical Society, and a Lajoie ornament.

Koala’s winning entry:

There are many different things that happen in the world. Some are good things, like how Napoleon followed his dreams. Some are bad things, like how Napoleon secretly snuck off to play baseball. I’m not going to be talking about the whole world right now. I am going to be talking about Woonsocket and how I can make it better. So now I am going to tell you how I can make Woonsocket better in the present and the future.

One way I can make Woonsocket better now is by spreading peace and love. If you spread peace there will be no fighting and everyone will be happy. For example, if everyone is mean to each other then there will be a lot of fighting and then something bad will happen. It is also good to spread love. If you spread love everyone will be happy.

Another way I can make Woonsocket better is by being thoughtful to others. If you are thoughtful to others then they will be thoughtful about you too. For example, if you see that your friend is sad and you go to your friend and try to cheer him or her up then that is being thoughtful. So, if you are thoughtful about others then they will do the same to you. Now on to the next way I can make Woonsocket better.

The last way I can make Woonsocket better is by becoming a doctor. I want to be a doctor because that was always my dream. When I become a doctor I will make a cure for every kind of cancer. Sometimes I might even go to a place for the homeless and check if they have cancer. If they do then I will cure them for free.

Those are all the different ways I can make Woonsocket proud. I hope you learned how you can make our city a better place.

No comments: