Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mood Hunting or Hunting for the Middle Way

I love iced coffee in the afternoon but if I drink it after noon it disturbs my sleep. If I have one or two nights like that I get grumpy and have a melt down thinking everyone hates me and I am crazy. So today I am having iced coffee at 9 AM.

Last night I had to take half of an antihistamine to sleep and it knocked me out. If I just stick with morning coffee I wouldn't have to wrestle with all of this.

I feel sluggish and strange from my antihistamine sleep. I have to work hard to resist pushing my moods. I do hunt for better moods by walking and swimming. These are good habits for my routine. Today I am contemplating the middle way; not too tight not too loose.

I just set up 6 loaves of sourdough wheat-berry rye corn oat-groat whole wheat breads. They are rising in the cold oven. I waited until today to bake because the forecast predicted cool and cloudy. I decided to wash my sheets and a dusty blanket too and make a pot of coffee for future iced coffees.

I truly am a home-body. My routine props me up and my chores provide comfort. It's the little things that are big in my life. I love my thrift store khakis. Finally, a perfect pair of thin cotton pants. They are not insulting nor are they expecting me to be built like an hourglass. Once again the men's straight leg pants are a perfect fit.

If it never got hotter than 64 degrees and often cloudy over the summer I would love that. My friend Monika says that is just like summer weather in Poland.

No comments: