Saturday, July 28, 2018

Taking Romeo to the Pond

SOMEHOW
I DID actually meet my deadline....just a few changes and then Bill has to scan it all. Today was my first time driving ROMEO as my only passenger. He was in the front seat and I held his leash just in case. I opened all the windows and the sun roof. He was a good boy, sniffing the breeze, loving the trip. I drove slowly along the pond. When we got out and climbed down the bank I threw the stick in the water. He's a low rider in the water. He couldn't see the stick. He swam in circles gulping water. I threw pebbles to show him where it was but they didn't land anywhere near the stick. Frantic at this point, I threw more sticks and he gulped more water, and I finally coaxed him ashore and we went home. Whew. After he got settled I went to the YMCA and swam a mile at the pool with a 9 year old wearing a mermaid tail.

No comments: