Saturday, July 14, 2018

Woonsocket is the Cleanest City

Picking up trash on my dog walks is a thing I do when I am super happy. That's how you know I'm feeling it, I tell my husband.

The impact on the neighborhood kids is priceless. They join in!

Whenever you give up hope reach out to first graders. That's what Pete Seeger said and he was right.

Teach them a song or make ice cream with them or make pizzelles. Once I brought my dog and we drew pictures of her posing. These are the projects I've done with the local first graders and they still wave hello when I see them. Now they are in middle school!

The city has been as clean as Switzerland, I said to the landscape guy.
It takes a woman Mayor, he said.
Yes, last time we had a beautiful City was when we had Mayor Susan Menard. She too hung flowers and cleaned the streets to the level of sparkling.

No comments: