Sunday, January 20, 2019

Surprise

We made it to Price Rite at 2PM and it was like a PARTY!Everyone was shopping ahead of the snowstorm. I love to see what people are filling their carts with. One man had 4 gallons of whole milk and six loaves of sliced Italian bread. Maybe he owns his own convenience store or he's shopping for a large family. What would you buy approaching a snow storm? Mostly I saw liter bottles of orange and green soda and frozen meals. That made me sad. Normally this is my favorite store because the prices are good and people who really cook shop here. The produce is fresh and affordable and the staff are super friendly. We love Kim Jen and Anna. We bought milk and bananas and oats and celery, mushrooms, raisins and bell peppers. As I was returning the cart to the parking lot corral I saw a carriage that had a quart of half and half and 6 cans of tuna. Nobody was around. Someone emptied their cart and accidentally forgot these items. I know they would eventually get tossed in the trash so I adopted them. "I don't know hat will we do with half and half," My husband said. We can make cultured yogurt cream or lemon ice cream or mashed potatoes, I said.

No comments: