Monday, October 07, 2019

Kathleen Jamie

If I write for anything, it's to bring order out of chaos, but not too much. A wee bit of disorder never did any harm.
KATHLEEN JAMIE

“Every year, in the third week of February, there is a day, or more usually a run of days, when one can say for sure that the light is back. Some juncture has been reached and the light spills into the world from a sun suddenly higher in the sky...”
― Kathleen Jamie

“When we were young, we were told that poetry is about voice, about finding a voice and speaking with this voice, but the older I get I think it’s not about voice, it’s about listening and the art of listening, listening with attention. I don’t just mean with the ear; bringing the quality of attention to the world. The writers I like best are those who attend.”
― Kathleen Jamie

“Isn't that a kind of prayer? The care and maintenance of the web of our noticing, the paying heed?”
― Kathleen Jamie, Findings

No comments: