Thursday, November 14, 2019

Julie Fast

You know what it’s like to get out when you feel so down. It’s like walking in mud. I hate it. But, to get better, we must leave our beds and we must leave our rooms. Then we must leave our house and see the WORLD. I don’t care what you do, but if you’re reading this and you have been isolating, it’s time to get out of the mud. Do one thing to remind yourself that being alive is what matters. Get out and look at a tree. Look at a dog or a cat. Find a car you like and touch it. Use the camera on your phone and take pictures to stimulate your creative mind. You, the essence that makes you unique is still in there. Depression is only a mask. It is not who we really are. I am depressed as I write this, but I’m out in public at a book store coffee shop. I looked at books. On my drive here, I saw orange roses next to purple lavender. I forced myself to look up and look out. It is the only way to train my brain when I am this depressed. I promise you one thing, you will NEVER feel worse for getting out in the world. You will feel worse if you stay inside and isolate. That is what depression wants us to do. Don’t listen to depression. It’s a liar.
-Julie Fast article

No comments: