Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Letter to a Friend


I know you've been running from your shadow. And I know this because I recognize it as I did the same thing for a long time.

I believe you're having your terrible 20's and terrible 30's NOW because you didn't get to have them when you were that age.

I wish you could have a home base because it's really hard to feed your soul and learn to take care of yourself when you are homeless or rootless and running.

Even if you can afford to keep running I am not sure it's good or wise to continue.

When I bought my house I was terrified because I no longer could run from apartment to studio because my whole life was here. That's when I faced a lot of things and nearly went crazy. I still get to escape by swimming and walking and reading reading reading each day to break up the intensity of home and work and recreation/athletics. My walking and swimming provide relief, mood stabilization, and structure to my life. Now I wouldn't trade my discoveries for anything but it was a haul.

I wish I could be of more help, but all I can tell you is what I have experienced. I hope this helps.

No comments: