Monday, October 16, 2023

Improvisational Lentil Soup

I just took frozen ground turkey and added olive oil, garlic, onions, celery, lentils, chicken bullion, and water and put it in the instant pot. I also added chipotle sauce. I have last nights leftover cooked potato broccoli and carrots to add after it cooks in the pressure cooker for an hour. Who knows how it will come out. I might have to tweak it... Anyway, I do love one pot meals.

UPDATE: I broke apart the blob of cooked ground turkey and added more chipotle sauce, the potatoes and carrots and broccoli previously cooked, salt and a bit of red wine vinegar. 

It's delicious! A gloop versus a soup.

Maybe next time I buy ground turkey I will shape it into little meat balls and freeze them on a tray and bag them (keeping them frozen) for the next soup.

Update: expanded the gloop to become a soup with turkey spinach bullion olive oil water. Fantastic!

No comments: