Thursday, April 04, 2024

Big Rain and Big Soup

The rain won't stop so I am making chicken every-vegetable-in-the-house soup. So far I've added ginger root, peeled garlic (a whole bulb and a half), chopped carrots, diced potatoes, a whole head of chopped cabbage, quartered onions, chopped celery, frozen chicken parts, 3 chicken bullion cubes and water. I cooked it in the Instantpot for 30 minutes. After I tasted it, I added Adobo and Bell's Seasoning. I fished out the chicken parts so I could take out the bones and gristle but I left the skin. I threw the chicken meat back in, added more vegetables (now that there was more room), and gave it another 30 minutes in the pot.

We just ate a bowl of the soup for dinner and it was fantastic. I poured all of the soup into my largest stainless steel pot. Now the soup is cooling, sitting in a bucket of ice water. When cooled off I will freeze smaller containers of it.

No comments: